We leave in 3 days. Lists are made and being modified. Clothes washed and packed. Sermons and class lessons being printed out and downloaded to the iPad. Travel details being poured over. There is not a sense of panic, but there is a sense that this is an undertaking that is quite out of the norm from everyday life (<-understatement!). Our family has travelled a lot in our lives, within the states, Mexico, Belize, Europe several times, Hawaii, Alaska... but this feels different. First trip for Jake and I to Asia. First airline trip for Luke. First International flight for Matt. Looking forward to this trip to meet up with our beloved Brother Ken Wilkey and press forward with the Gospel in the Philippines.
Our Itinerary as I understand it (Wilkey says to be Tough-Flexible-Optimistic, and we shall)
- Friday 7/27 AUS to LAX - We saved $1000 with the overnight layover in LA! Nice 3 hour intro flight for Luke.
- Saturday-Sunday LAX to TPE - arrive with a 10 hour layover in Taiwan. Plans for checking out the markets in Taipei, Taiwan and hoping to meet and share the word with someone.
- Sunday-Monday TPE to MNL- We arrive in Manila 9:30AM Monday morning. We will be scooped up by Ken and begin our work. We should be travel weary by then (12 Time Zones away from College Station), but looking forward to our first day in the World's most densely populated city of 15 million.
- Monday-Wednesday meeting the brethren, classes, worship and whatever Ken has in store for us.
- Wednesday-Monday - Fly to the North for our work in Ramon, Isabella, Luzon area. Looking forward to sharing lessons on restoration to the first century and the pure water of the New Testament church to the people there. Jake and Luke will have a beneficial role in the large youth gathering planned for the weekend.
- Monday - Tuesday - Fly to Manila then boat from there to Cebu (overnight trip). We will visit and work with the Murrell crew, and do whatever else Ken has in store for us.
- Tuesday-Thursday - Cebu, maybe some work on Bilarian.
- Friday - Fly Home MNL-TPE-LAX-AUS
This of course subject to change, but our team has the mindset to be ready for anything. We pray for strength in the Lord and he provides.